Stylish Ceiling Fans: A Must-Have for Summer
Are you ready for the summer heat? You will be if you add a ceiling fan to your home.
At Wolfers, we have a wide selection of stylish ceiling fans that will keep your home and screened-in porch super comfortable, day and night. The best part? You can use your ceiling fan year-round (they’re great at moving the air in winter, too!).
But before we get to our current favorites, let’s discuss two important ceiling fan basics.
1. Consider the size of your room. Most household ceiling fans come in 42″ and 52″, although they can range from 26″ all the way up to 72″. Obviously, for a smaller room, you’ll want to go with a smaller fan so that you don’t overwhelm the space. On the flip side, a small fan would look out of place in a bigger room. The image below provides a good guideline.
2. Consider your ceiling’s height. According to building code, your fan blades must be at least 7 feet above the floor. If you have high ceilings, aim for 8 feet or 9 feet. And you’re not necessarily out of luck if you have a low ceiling. Hugger fans can work with ceilings that are only eight feet high.
So which ceiling manufacturer should you consider? There are many good ones, like Minka-Aire, which offers a variety of traditional and contemporary ceiling fans with plenty of finishes. Minka also offers a lifetime warranty on the motor as well as easy control options. Many of the fans come with radio control, meaning no need to pull wires from fan to switch.
Here are some of our current favorites from Minka-Aire.
- Concept II (now in LED!). This hugger fan means you can use it with low ceilings. The LED means you’ll hardly ever have to replace the bulb. We keep it stocked in Waltham (in Brushed Nickel) and Allston (in White).
- Delano 52″. The walnut blades, Pewter finish, and etched marble glass downlight give off a sophisticated feel. This fan includes three speeds and light dimming capabilities. We keep it stocked in our Waltham showroom.
- Aluma Fan in Brushed Aluminum. We love this fan’s clean, contemporary lines. You’ll love the four speeds and optional cap for non-light use. Find it in both showrooms (available in White as well).
- Dyno Fan 52″ You know the phrase “a little bit country, a little bit rock ‘n roll”? Well, this ceiling fan is a little bit contemporary, a little bit traditional. We keep it stocked and displayed in both showrooms in all White or Brushed Nickel with maple or walnut blades.
0 Comments | Blog