Lighting Product Alert: Small-size LED Fixtures for Nooks & Crannies
Closets, pantries, and cupboards are all examples of spaces in your home that might not have enough light. What’s a homeowner to do? Say hello to small-size LED fixtures.
If you’ve been researching LEDs, you already know they’re energy efficient and long lasting. But they also come in smaller sizes, making them an ideal lighting solution for tight spaces.
So where should you add these smaller LED lights? Conduct a home audit:
- Walk through your home and identify areas where there isn’t much (if any) light, such as coat closets, pantries, bookshelves, even cupboard storage.
- Next, look for areas where additional light could help. For example, lighting above kitchen cupboards or in toe-kick molding can add accent light to accentuate beautiful cabinetry while serving as the perfect night light.
Now onto products. Here are some good choices in small-fixture LEDs:
1. Juno 2″ LED recessed fixture. We love this small-aperture LED recessed fixture. Already configured as a “remodeler fixture,” the entire fixture can be installed through the small hole in the ceiling. Light output is the same as a 60-watt bulb, yet you get a much sleeker profile.
2. Philips SlimSurface LED Downlight. This low profile downlight gives the appearance of a recessed fixture, yet it’s surface mounted directly to a junction box. Bonus: you can use it in both damp and wet-rated applications. We keep it stocked in both showrooms in 2700K and 3000K, round and square in white.
3. Jesco’s Flex-Up LED Tape. We often talk about this product when we discuss under cabinet lighting, but you can use this LED tape for a wide variety of applications: install it into millwork, behind molding, as a toe kick, above cabinets, and in bookcases. Choose from a variety of extrusions and color temperatures, light output, and even RGB. We keep the Flex Up displayed and stocked in both lighting showrooms.
4. WAC LEDme Button Light. This little puck light packs a lot of punch. It can be surface mounted or recessed in shelving, closets, and display cases. It’s perfect if you simply need additional light to see by or if you want to highlight something, such as a gorgeous vase, designer handbag, and more. See it in both showrooms.
Interested? Need assistance? Our lighting experts are happy to help. Stop by a showroom soon!.
0 Comments | Blog