Embrace the Beauty of Crystal Lighting Fixtures
Now’s a great time to embrace your inner crystal lighting goddess and imagine how you might work a crystal light fixture (or two) into your space.
Why now? Well, the holiday season lends itself to the glitter and glam that only crystal can offer. And while crystal is special, it can also be a perfect look for non-holiday living as well.
Crystal lighting fixtures offer many benefits:
- Timeless. Crystal is a material that never goes out of style.
- Versatile.Crystal can be classic, transitional, modern, you name it. It all depends on the designer’s imagination. Bottom line: if you like this material, you can find a way to make it work in your home.
- Festive. While we stand by our earlier statement that you can use crystal in everyday settings, let’s face it: crystal’s natural sparkle can instantly elevate a space and make it perfect for entertaining.
- Bright illumination. Crystals, by their very nature, provide excellent illumination through refracting light, which is one of many reasons crystal chandeliers are so popular in dining rooms.
- Easy maintenance. Regular dusting will keep your crystal light fixtures sparkling. An occasional “deeper clean” with good old-fashioned soap and water can remove dirt and grime that might build up on crystals over time.
Here are a few of our current favorite crystal light fixtures.
1. The Sterling Collection from Schonbek. As we’ve written before, the name Schonbek is synonymous with quality crystal light fixtures. This seven-light chandelier from Schonbek’s Sterling Collection is equal parts elegant and romantic. It will add just the right amount of sparkle to your foyer, dining room, or parlor. (You could also opt for the five-light version.)
See Schonbek chandeliers on display in both of our lighting showrooms.
2. Downtown Collection by Quoizel. Are you interested in a more contemporary look? You can’t go wrong with Quoizel’s Downtown Collection. A touch of crystal softens up the contemporary shape and contrasts nicely with the linen shade. Quoizel’s downtown sconces would be perfect for the bathroom, and the matching semi-flush or pendant can add elegance to a hallway or add sparkle to a bedroom.
The sconces are in stock and displayed in both showrooms. Both semi-flush (in chrome) and pendant (in bronze) are in stock in Waltham and displayed in both showrooms.
3. Kichler Five-Light Chandelier. This classic chandelier from Kichler has just the right amount of shimmer, thanks to mercury glass, the crystal embellishment at the bottom, and it’s hand-applied sterling gold finish. Its refined look means it could work in a wide variety of spaces.
0 Comments | Blog