Coming Soon to Wolfers: Motorized Shades for Your Home Renovation
If you’ve been in either showroom lately, you might have seen some activity going on around our windows. In particular, we’ve been working on bringing in some motorized shades from The Boston Shade Company.
Introducing Our Motorized Shades Display
This marriage, if you will, makes a lot of sense: it’s all about making our homes smarter. And nothing says “smart home” like electronic shades that you control with the touch of a button. Same with lighting controls and dimmers. It’s all about creating the right atmosphere room by room be it day or night.
If you’re not familiar with the benefits of motorized shades, here are some worth noting:
- Enhanced privacy. Do you remember the “old days” of going room-to-room and closing shades and drawing the blinds? This could be a big chore in a big house, often resulting in some rooms being ignored.
With motorized shades, you can set it and forget it. The shades will open and close, room by room, according to when you want. For example, are you going away for a week, but you want your home to look “lived in” while you’re gone? No problem. Set the shades to open and close (and the lights as well).
- Increased lighting control. Nothing compares to natural light, which is the goal of motorized shades letting in the right amount of natural light, at the right times of day, depending on the space.
- Better UV protection. Of course, too much sunlight can harm artwork and furniture, just like it can harm people’s skin. Thanks to new technology in shade materials, however, you’ll be able to let in the lovely glow of the sun without the damaging UV rays that can fade wallpaper, furniture, and artwork.
- Energy savings. Programming your motorized shades depending on the time of year can control how much light (and therefore heat) you let in. This can help reduce your energy bill.
- Plenty of gorgeous options. We’ve been talking about motorized shades’ wonderful features, but here’s the REALLY good news: you won’t be sacrificing style for function. Because of so many stylish options, your biggest challenge will likely be which shades to select for your project.
Speaking of which, here’s what you need to consider when choosing electric shades.
Think in terms of customization starting with fabrics.
- Solar/Sheer Fabrics. These types of fabrics let light in or diffuse light.
- Decorative. Just as they sound, motorized shading solutions can come in many different fabrics to match your dÃ©cor.
- Blackout. Watch TV, sleep in, or achieve total privacy with shades created for maximum light block.
Audit each room and think about how you use the space. For example, if the room faces south and makes the room uncomfortably hot and/or you’re dealing with glare for most of the day (rendering the room “unusable”), then automatic shades can help.
Plan early and prewire. It’s much easier to install the shades’ components before walls are closed up and millwork is in the final steps.
Soon, in both of our showrooms, you’ll be able to browse a display of motorized shades. Even better, we can handle everything for you in one stop: integrating shades, lighting controls, and all of your other home technology designs.
Our motorized shades display will include many fabulous items, including the popular and powerful Lutron shading products. At Wolfers, we’re already well versed in Lutron’s lighting products (we served as a test location for Lutron’s CasÃ©taÂ® Wireless system), so this pairing also makes a lot of sense.
0 Comments | Blog