3 Ways to Add Undercabinet Lighting to Your Kitchen
Are you thinking about adding undercabinet lighting to your kitchen? It’s a smart idea. Here’s why:
- Boost efficiency. And we’re not just talking energy efficiency, although you’ll get that as well if you opt for LEDs. Undercabinet lights also provide excellent task lighting, which will make you more efficient as you dice, slice, and chop.
- Boost your kitchen’s value. Layered lighting is in demand and it’s not just a passing fad. Customers who have purchased undercabinet lighting for their kitchen enjoy the additional control they have over the light levels.
At Wolfers, our lighting experts can help you find the ideal undercabinet lighting. Whether you’re looking for something as easy as “plug-and-play” or something that’s totally customizable, we’ve got you covered.
Here are some ideas:
1. The Weekend Warrior Project: For this project, we recommend
Philips Colorkinetics . These line voltage fixtures don’t need any drivers just plug and play. Connect fixtures together with jumper cables and plug in for instant under-counter lighting. We also like this fixture for its dimming capability (with an ELV dimmer) and low-energy usage.
We keep this stocked in both showrooms in the following lengths: 9.25″, 19.25″, and 39.25″.
2. The DIY Project: Another showroom favorite is the AFX Noble Pro Series. This little undercabinet is easy to install and offers maximum flexibility. A big win for the DIY crowd. The color-tunable switch means you can choose from 2700K, 3000K, and 4000K. This allows you to perfectly match the undercabinet lights with your existing kitchen lighting. Plus, the Noble Pro also comes with high/low switching and dimming compatibility. A cord and plug is included with each fixture. But if you prefer having a pro install it for you, it also has knockouts on the back for your electrician to hard-wire.
We keep it stocked in 14″, 22″, 32″, and 40″ in white for easy quick pick-up.
3. The “Total Customization” Project. For this project, we recommend Jesco’s DL-FLEX-UP. This flexible LED tape lighting works for many applications and undercabinet lighting is one of them. The high quality LED tape and channel is field cuttable, which makes it perfect for many configurations, including long runs of under cabinet lighting or even custom cabinetry with integrated lighting. Psst: This LED tape is fantastic for toe-kick and cove lighting as well.
We stock Jesco’s LED tape in 2700K and 3000K and in a few different light outputs.
0 Comments | Blog